Saturday 11 February 2012

Been a While.......

Seems to be a storm brewing here today, it's hot, humid and I am struggling to stay interested in anything at all.  Mind you I was flicking channels on TV before and an episode of Anne of Green Gables was on so that very pleasantly passed an hour or so!

I'm sorry I haven't shared much from my trip to Japan yet - I had a wonderful time, thoroughly enjoyed myself and the Tokyo International Quilt Show was even more than I expected.  I have over 300 photos to edit, so I will get around to it - just not today.

I've been working on a quilt for some time now - lots of hand applique, which I'm slowly getting through, with 9 patch blocks in between.  I did get all these blocks made through the week and now I've got to decide what to use for the set in triangles.  This is what I've been doing today -


I started with 1 1/2" strips and it's really been a challenge to keep away from the creamy, yellowish fabrics I have in my stash.  I didn't realise how many I had!  I need to cut this diagonally twice to make my triangles, and then I need to make another 9....mmm I think I'll have to go shopping tomorrow, I know I don't have enough of the lighter fabrics I need.

I love the 9 patches - here's a couple already in place on the design wall -

Hope you are enjoying your weekend

Bev

1 comment:

  1. not the best weekend but I did enjoy Anne this afternoon too..........such a long movie........but I did enjoy it.......

    ReplyDelete