Thursday 13 December 2012

Time's Flying.....

It's been a busy couple of weeks as it always is in the lead up to Christmas.... Not many opportunities for sewing, but I am hoping to find a little time this coming weekend. 

Most exciting this past week has been the arrival of the Class Booklet for the Taupo Symposium 2013 Fabric Art Festival. My friend Peggy & I purchased our plane flights when they were on sale in July this year to go there next year, our accommodation has been booked, we've just been waiting to find out what classes were available, knowing there is a fantastic line up of tutors.  We've not been dissapointed - all the classes look wonderful and I've felt a bit like a kid in a lolly shop, but I have chosen and sent in my application, now I need to be patient as I won't hear until the end of March which classes I've actually been allocated.

Neither of us have visited New Zealand before so it really is especially exciting. I work with several Kiwi ladies and they are all full of advice as to where we should go and what we must see. They are also enjoying the thought of me, a true Queenslander very used to the extremes of heat visiting New Zealand in the middle of winter! Little do they know just how many coats I own, and I think the cold will just add to the charm (and I'll appreciate coming home even more).

Anyway, I must be off.  As I've got no sewing to share this post, I thought I'd share a picture of one of my favourite quilts from the Tokyo International Quilt Show where I visited in January this year.  Sadly there were no English labels so I can't tell you who the maker was, but I do love her work.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment