Wednesday 10 August 2011

Sew Many Things...

I have a lot of works in progress and don't get a lot of time for sewing.  I've been slowly working at these blocks  (I want to make 16 of them), that I started in a workshop with the wonderfully talented and patient Margaret McDonald (www.margaretmcdonald.com.au) at AQC in Melbourne earlier this year.  The pattern is Margaret's own and is called Whirling Twirling.  I now have most of the blocks cut out and four more inner circles sewn, waiting for me to add the borders.


I needed a distraction, so I've taken a couple of days away from it and quilted a table runner that I'm making for a friend's 50th (as always I'm late, I will have it ready for Edwina's 51st!).  Here's some of the quilting, it's now in the washing machine washing off the Solvy so I'll show the actual runner next time I post.

No comments:

Post a Comment