Wednesday 17 August 2011

Short and Long of it...

It's been a lovely week.  On Tuesday I drove to the little town of Sapphire, most people go there to look for sapphires, but I went there to learn a little about Sashiko - here's my first attempt -


Still have to do the remaining two sections, but I will get there.  Repeating to myself short, long, short, long did help, but I've quite a way to go to get my stitches even.  I think it looks great, and I'm sure I'll do some more in the future but I've too many other things I'm working on for now.

I did manage to get a photo of the runner I showed a little of in an earlier post.  You'll see I use lots of old doilies that have stains, tears and all sorts of wear marks on them.  They are still beautiful and I can't throw them out, so by quilting them madly in this way they can still be used and admired and then thrown into the washing machine when it's time for a wash - not to mention it's a great way to practise free motion quilting!

It's a beautiful day here today, so I'm off for a long walk before it gets too hot.  Hope you day is just as lovely,
Bev

1 comment: