Sunday 29 April 2012

It's Good to Go Back....

A friend came to visit this morning and I brought this quilt out to show her.  Completed a while ago now, it's still a favourite of mine (shame I didn't take the time to press it before taking the photo).  The simplest of piecing from a selection of bali dyed blues surrounded by a white border with lots of free motion quilting.



More recently, this is what I've been slowly working on.  Now the centre section is all pieced and quilted - I've done it quilt as you go so I could stitch it with my  Bernina 440.  It's time to start on the borders.  I've decided I'd like to use this on my bed so I'm going to add a wider border at the bottom of the quilt both to add length, but also because I love those gorgous big flowers on this print - LouLouthi from Anna Maria Horner.  I've used many fabrics from this range in the quilt and the more I work with it, the more I like it!  Incidentally the pattern is Growing Up by Wendy Williams.

Last photo has been put in for my daughter Melanie - see my constant companion Louie the Sheltie here watching over the process, the only surprising thing is that he's not actually sitting on the quilt.  He considers any fabric that goes on the floor to be his personal sitting space!

Till next time - Bev

1 comment: